Election on Laramie County 1% Specific Purpose Sales & Use Tax
Tuesday, May 2, 2017 - Vote Centers - 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Absentee/Early Voting, Mar. 23 through May 1, 8:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
Atrium, Laramie County Governmental Complex
The Governing Bodies of the City of Cheyenne, Town of Albin, Town of Burns, Town of Pine Bluffs and the Laramie County Board of Commissioners have agreed to a list of projects proposed for funding with a one percent (1%) Specific Purpose Sales and Use Tax.
The projects are included in nine (9) propositions to be voted on by the people of Laramie County in an election to be held on Tuesday, May 2, 2017. Each of the nine propositions stands alone. Voters may vote for or against each proposition. In order to pass, a proposition must receive a majority of favorable or "for the tax" votes.
Voter Guides & Information:
Sixth Penny Tax Information
Where Do I Vote?
- Vote early in the Atrium of the Laramie County Governmental Complex, 309 W. 20th St., Mar. 23 through May 1. Polls are open Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. until 4:45 p.m.
- Vote by absentee ballot in the convenience of your home. Please mail your ballot back by April 24 so it will reach our office in time to be counted. Registered voters may request a ballot by:
- Calling the Election office at (307) 633-4242
- Emailing firstname.lastname@example.org: Provide the name under which you are registered to vote, date of birth, and address where you want your ballot mailed. Allow seven (7) days for your ballot to reach you in the mail.
- Vote on May 2 at any Vote Center, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Vote Centers: There are 12 Vote Centers and you may vote at any center. To find the nearest Vote Centers, click here.
- Click to download the list of vote Centers
Word Doc Version| PDF Version
Key Dates for May 2 Specific Purpose Sales & Use Tax Election
|March 22, 2017
||10:00 a.m., Public test of voting equipment, Atrium, Laramie County Governmental Complex
|March 23 through May 1, 2017
||Absentee/early voting: Polls open in the Atrium, Laramie County Governmental Complex, 8:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
|April 17, 2017
||Deadline for voter registration in advance of May 2 election (WS22-3-102(a))
|April 24, 2017
||Deadline to mail absentee ballots to County Clerk (recommended)
|April 25, 2017
||PAC contributions report due to County Clerk
|Tuesday, May 2, 2017
||ELECTION DAY: Tuesday, May 2, 2017. Vote Centers open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
|May 4, 2017
||Canvassing Board certifies SPOT election results at 2 p.m., County Clerk's office
|May 12, 2017
||PAC contributions & expenditures report due
» Find Your Voting District and Representatives
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know what my precinct is and who my representatives are?
Click here and enter your address. All the pertinent information will appear on the right side of the page.
How do I request an absentee ballot?
You can call and request a ballot - 307 633-4242
You can email email@example.com
You can send a written request to Laramie County Clerk, P.O. Box 608, Cheyenne, WY 82003
You can come to the office and request a ballot
You must provide your name as it appears on the registration rolls, your birthday, and residential address
In most cases, the ballot will be mailed to the address provided by the voter
If a friend or relative wishes to have another person pick up a ballot for them, they must provide written approval with the same information requested above
How do I vote absentee in person?
We have an absentee polling place set up in the Atrium that connects the Historic Courthouse with the County Complex
The hours of operation are 8:30 a.m. to 4:45 p.m.
There is no voting at this location on Election Day
City Precinct Map
County Precinct Map